Center of excellence in Hydrology, Meteorology and Cryosphere Science and Services.
Monitoring and understanding of hydrology, weather, climate and cryosphere, for timely provision of information and services to protect lives and property and support national needs for ecologically balanced sustainable development.
- Commitment and loyalty in delivery of products and services
- Professionalism in support of science, research, objectivity, impartiality, and excellence;
- Mutual respect, cultural sensitivity and non-discrimination
NCHM goals are to:
- Improve result-based decision support service for weather incidents and events that threaten lives and livelihoods;
- Enhance climate services to understand and adapt to climate-related risks;
- Develop capacity to provide integrated and coupled monitoring, detection and forecast services to support assessment and management of water resources and water-related hazards;
- Build competence to provide sector-relevant information for socio-economic development, and support development of integrated environmental services to foster healthy communities and ecosystems;
- Sustain highly skilled professional workforce equipped with training, tools and infrastructure to fulfil the mission.