1. Finish Meteorological Institute, Finland Project
- Project Title: Strengthening Hydro-Meteorological Services for Bhutan (SHSB)
- Objectives: Reduced weather and climate related loss of life and property, enhanced potential for investment in the renewable energy sector and reduced vulnerability to climate change through improved weather and climate services in Bhutan.
- Budget and donor: Euro 462,067, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Finland
- Timeline June 2013-July 2016
2. World Bank
- Project title: Non-lending Technical Assistance titled “Strengthening Disaster Preparedness and Climate Resilience in Bhutan ”
- Objectives: The NLTA is being carried out in two phases. The objective of phase one is to assess the existing capacity in country for monitoring and forecasting and developing a roadmap for modernizing these services. The objective of the phase two is to better understanding how improved monitoring and forecasting can be contributed to delivery of weather, water and climate services.
- Budget and donor: 200,000USD
- Timeline: 2013-2014 for phase 1, phase 2 yet to be approved.
3. HyCOS (Hindu Kush Himalaya Cycle Observing System)
- Project title: Regional Flood Information System in the Hindu Kush Himalayan Region (HYH-HYCOS)
- Objectives: Developing of a framework for a regional flood information system in support disaster prevention and flood management
- Budget and donor: 108,000 USD funded by Government of Finland.
- Timeline: The project is planned for implementation from 2010- 2013 which has now been extended to 2014 December.
- Project title: Strengthening of the Energy Sector of Bhutan
- Objectives: Support to the Department of Hydro-Met Services for Sustainable Data Provision. To Accelerated Hydropower Development and Other Users.
- Budget and donor: NOK 1.299 million .funded by Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Norwegian Government
- Timeline:2012- July 2015
- Project Title: “Addressing the Risk of Climate-Induced Disaster through Enhanced National and Local Capacity for Effective Actions”
Objectives: To enhance national, local and community capacity to prepare for and respond to climate-induced multi-hazards to reduce potential losses of human lives, national economic infrastructure, livelihoods and livelihood assets
Budget and donor: USD 4.12 Million funded by LCDF-GEF through UNDP Bhutan
Timeline: July 2014- Oct 2018(4 years)